Today was the first day of school.
Another summer gone. I can hardly believe it.
As always, it is bittersweet. While I love having them home with me, I also love having a routine, which is something we can't seem to keep during the summer. And I'm so ready for some cooler weather.
They were a little nervous this morning. And they weren't too crazy about a photo shoot so early in morning. It was sooooooo humid my camera lens kept fogging up.

But somehow I managed to get a few cute shots of my beautiful fourth grader. How did this happen? It seems like she just started kindergarten!

And here is my adorable first grader. I think she was more nervous than Katie. I can hardly stand all of the cuteness!
As I was walking them to their classes, we ran into Emma and Lily.
John David was feeling right as home.
Katie turned around, waved, and said "Bye Mom." Like I was going to leave John David there with her. Funny girl.
I walked Sarah to her class. No tears. So proud of my big girl.
Aaron and I were both anxious to find out how their first day was, so we both went to pick them up. Katie had a great day. She really likes her teacher, Mrs. Sheridan (who we already knew because her daughter Emily was in Sarah's class last year and they became good friends). She also gets to change classes this year, and is looking forward to that too. She also found out that she made the elementary chorus, and is looking forward to that as well. She has such a beautiful voice. We're so proud of her.
Sarah really likes her teacher, Mrs. McKeivier, who lives just around the corner from us. She has a few friends from last year in her class this year too. We're looking forward to a great year!
7 comments:
I can't believe it is back to school time!!! What adorable girls. We sure miss them!!!
Wow! Summer went by so fast. We really did LOVE North Carolina and miss it. I think we would go back tomorrow if we could! I forgot to tell you we drove by Something Fishy four or five times but couldnt convince Chase's sister to let us go. She hates fish, the smell, the taste, everything about sea food. Last time we took her to a sea food place she started gagging and we had to leave:) We were pretty disappointed but we still love her. Next time.
Anyway, the girls shoes our so cute! Their bag are so fun too!
Such cute girls! They are growing up too fast! Remember when you & I used to swap babysitting? Katie was like 18 months & Connor was a newborn! When did they grow up???
Cute pictures, Lynetta! Do your girls go to a private school?
Where did the summer go. It seems like just yesterday I was reading the post about their jar of fun summer activities. The girls look so cute and happy. I am glad that they like their teachers. I too am looking forward to cooler weather.
Lindsay, I do remember when I used to watch Conner one day a week when you had to go to work and Mike was still at school. And then you would watch Katie so I could go exercise. Crazy how time flies, huh?
Stephanie--our girls go to public school. All of the schools around here require uniforms. It makes shopping for school clothes a lot easier, but it does get old seeing them in the same thing everyday.
I love those shoes. Emmy would kill for the ones Katie has. So cute.
Post a Comment