Thursday, August 5, 2010
An Apple A Day Keeps the Doctor Away
My poor kids have been stuck in the house all week (except for a few hours on Wednesday when my friend Kristi came and took them to the park) because I haven't felt like doing anything. But it is the first time all summer they have been bored, I think. We have managed to stay busy, until this week. I starting getting a cold last weekend, but I was feeling better by Monday. But Monday evening and Tuesday morning I started feeling bad again. My throat/neck was feeling very sore and tender, and I knew what was happening. The same thing that has been happening for the last few years. I finally broke down and went to the doctor on Wednesday. He put me on an antibiotic, sent me to get some blood work done, and asked me to come back in on Friday. But today he called and asked me to come in ASAP. I freaked out, of course, and started thinking the worst. What couldn't wait til tomorrow? He laughed when I told him I was freaked out. It wasn't bad, or at least not as bad as I had imagined. He said I have hypothyroidism, which means my thyroid is underactive. He named several of the symptoms......yes, yes, yes, and yes. That explains a lot. He put me on a medication, and I have to be tested again in a few weeks to make sure my levels are where they are supposed to be. Hopefully I will start having more energy, and a huge bonus, be able to lose weight a little easier. But that also probably means I need to start exercising and eating better too. And, eating more apples.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had thyroid issues many years ago...but mine was the opposite hyper- It affected many things! I'm glad you found out about it!
Post a Comment