Last Saturday morning Sarah woke me up telling me that she wanted to get her ears pierced, and that we were going to do it as soon as Daddy got home from work. So I got up to see if Aaron had left yet, and he hadn't. So I said, "Let's do it now." I wanted to do it before she had a chance to change her mind. So we got out the ear piercing kits (with the pe-loaded earrings) that we had bought last time she said she wanted her ears pierced. I took one and gave Aaron one. We did it before she could think about it too long, and she did great. She was instantly in love with the cute little pink flower earrings. After it was done, we realized that one of the earrings was pierced at an angle. We debated over weather to re-do it or not, and asked Sarah what she wanted to do. She absolutely refused and said it was fine. Johnice was keeping the kids for me so I could get some things done, so I loaded them up and took them over her house. When we got there, she agreed that it needed to be redone, and somehow--with her "Maw Maw Magic"--talked Sarah into letting us pierce the left ear again. And it looked so much better. Sarah cried a little afterwards, but I don't think any permanent damage was done. I think it would have been much worse years later when she realized how bad it was and asked why we didn't fix it to begin with.
By Sunday night, Katie had decided that she wanted to put her earrings back in. She had hers pierced when she started kindergarten, but took them out after about a year and a half. I checked and one hole was still open, but the left ear had closed up. So Monday after FHE we went and got her some cute little flower earrings like Sarah's, only hers were rainbow colored. We came home and I put one in and pierced the left ear. She absolutely loves hers too. It's hard to tell how cute they are from these pictures, but they were the best pictures I could get. Now they are both looking forward to the end of the six weeks and being able to change out earrings.

By Sunday night, Katie had decided that she wanted to put her earrings back in. She had hers pierced when she started kindergarten, but took them out after about a year and a half. I checked and one hole was still open, but the left ear had closed up. So Monday after FHE we went and got her some cute little flower earrings like Sarah's, only hers were rainbow colored. We came home and I put one in and pierced the left ear. She absolutely loves hers too. It's hard to tell how cute they are from these pictures, but they were the best pictures I could get. Now they are both looking forward to the end of the six weeks and being able to change out earrings.

No comments:
Post a Comment