2. It is a relief--at least to me--that the season is over. Hopefully Aaron will be home more now and be able to get the baby's room done. I have been a little stressed about it, since time is getting short until John David arrives, and so much to do. We have started on it though.
3. My husband thinks I can really sew. After he picked the theme for the baby's room, he said, "And you can make the bedding!" HA! So I am giving it a try. Thank goodness for RaeAnn. I've already got two crib sheets done, which were pretty easy. Next on the list is a dust ruffle, a matching blanket, and curtains. We'll see how it turns out. I have looked at some on ebay, just in case.
4. I've started cleaning out the attic by going through all of the baby girl stuff I have in hopes of having a yard sale before the baby arrives. I took down three boxes of stuff the other day and went through it. (Only six more to go--UGG!) It made me pretty sad. How did my sweet little girls grow up so fast? I am saving some things because I want to make them each a quilt with their baby clothes and blankets.
5. I spent last weekend cleaning the entire house and steam cleaning the carpet in most of the house. I was more productive than I have been in a long time. It feels so good to be productive, but I was pretty exhausted afterwards. But my house looks so much better (minus the piles of stuff here and there that we are trying to sort through), and that makes me happy. I love a clean house.
6. I went to the dentist this week for the first time in.....uh......way to embarrassingly long to mention......and was reminded why I hate to go to the dentist. Yuck.
7. I also went for a baby check up this past week. I have been having some mild blood pressure issues, although my blood pressure that day was great. She told me to continue to take it easy or she will put me on bedrest. She said no long shopping trips, or anything that requires me to be on my feet for a long time. The best part was that she said by noon I need to be resting with my feet up. Oh darn. The doctor says I have to take a nap everyday. Oh well, the doctors orders must be followed. =) She also said she would take me a little earlier, like around 37 1/2 or 38 weeks, instead of at 39 like last time and that we would schedule a date at my next visit. I'm not glad about the blood pressure, but hey, earlier sounds good to me. This means that I have about 4 weeks left, which is exciting, but man, I've got to get busy with the sewing!
6 comments:
Yay! Only four weeks to go!! I had all my kids at 37 1/2 weeks--it was fantastic!! lol
Let me know what day next week works for you. I'm good--as of now!--all day Tues, Thurs and Fri. Let's hope it stays that way!! (And you need to decide how much you want for the clothes!)
Good luck on all the sewing projects. Sounds like you have your hands full!!! I need to do some cleaning and organizing and I want to steam our carpets too. They need it!!! I also need to go to the dentist, I also hate it. :) I can't believe you'll get to go so early. Lucky dog!!! With Paige I was tired of being pregnant at 35 weeks. Not that I wanted her to come that early, but I was DONE by that point. I love the doctors orders you got. How wonderful!!! :) Enjoy it!!! We love and miss you guys.
By the way, that last comment was me, Kristen. Apparently Cory was signed in instead of me. Not that he actually would ever look at a blog, but oh well. :) Love ya!!
Wow, only 4 weeks - that is like nothing! Good luck getting all ready! I am just so excited for you and Aaron and I can't wait to hear the news. I pray that everything will go well with the delivery. We'll be thinking about you! We'll definitely have to come visit sometime in the next few months so we can see your baby boy!
It's getting so close, and shucks a nap!! I do hope your BP stays okay. More naps!!
And how wonderful that you have such a great sewing coach!
And I don't know how I got a Louisiana man who doesn't hunt! But I am blessed that he doesn't because he doesn't disapear in the winter! I am glad you guess got some deer meat!
Aaron looks like he is keeping it all together with the pressures of being Bishop. Any you...your e-mail doesn't sound like a whole lot of rest to me...ha ha. We are excited to see pictures of the new little Young! Oh, Kurt would love a call from Aaron.
Post a Comment