Wednesday, July 30, 2008
There's No Place Like Home
Nothing beats being able to go home to visit family and friends, but at the same time nothing beats being in your own home after a long trip. We were all very anxious to get home to see Aaron, who we all missed terribly. After the first week in NC, Sarah started saying at least once a day, "I miss daddy too much." And I felt the exact same. Katie was having too much fun while we were in NC to show or tell how much she was missing her dad, but she got very excited to see him when we were talking about him on the way home. When we drove up last night, Katie said, "Why isn't he waiting out here for us?" But before we could even open our doors to get out of the car he was coming out of the house to give us all one of his famous bear hugs that we love so much. And when we came inside we found flowers, balloons, and some yummy treats to welcome us back. Today we have just been trying to recuperate from our vacation hangover. I have just felt too tired and unmotivated to try to tackle the long 'to do' list ahead of me, which includes, laundry, cleaning the house, grocery shopping, back to school shopping, a trip to Vidor, TX to pick up my food storage order, balancing the checkbook, paying bills, getting ready for sharing time on Sunday, and most importantly catching up on my favorite blogs. And of course the girls are already bored because they are missing all of their cousins they've had so much fun playing with the last two weeks. Hopefully soon I will be able to post about all of our adventures in the Tarheel State, but first I have to conquer at least some of that long 'to do' list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad you're back! Can't wait to hear about your NC adventures!
hope you get over your "hangover" soon. we crashed for two whole days and i'm still doing laundry. we miss you guys already.
Welcome home!
I totally understand! Part of me LOVES to come home from vacation, and then another part of me hates it! There's just too much to catch up on!!!
Glad you are back!! I have always said that I need a vacation after I have vacation.
Aaron is so sweet to have balloons and treats for you!!
Post a Comment