Sunday, July 13, 2008

Diary of a Pregnant Cajun Tarheel

June 25th--This morning I did a home pregnancy test and OH MY......IT WAS POSITIVE!!!! As I was peeing on the stick, I was thinking, "Why am I wasting my time and this test?" I must have taken at least 10 pregnancy tests in the last two years, not because I showed any signs of being pregnant, but just because I wanted to be so badly. And they have always showed the same result--NOT PREGNANT. So as I am waiting the 3 minutes, I am still scolding myself for wasting yet another test because I am currently showing NO signs of being pregnant--other than my ravenous appetite and being a little more tired than normal, which doesn't really seem out of the ordinary. And then I look over and see.......what......could it be......could it possibly be.......a plus sign? YES, a very faint plus sign, but a plus sign indeed. I could hardly believe my eyes. I even closed my eyes a couple of times and was shocked all over again when I reopened my eyes to see the plus sign. WOW! COMPLETE SHOCK! What do I do now? I called Aaron and told him. He said, "Really? Are you sure? Can I tell people?" I told him to lets not say anything for now until we know for sure. It is killing him not to be able to say anything. He is pretty excited. He must have called me twenty times today before he got home from work. We are both in shock just to think that we might be pregnant. And excited. But trying not to be too excited just yet.

June 26th--Today was very strange. I woke up and still am shocked to think that I could be pregnant. The girls and I met Kristie and her boys at the waterpark and she was asking if I was going to the 'Survivor' class tomorrow. So I told her I think I might be pregnant, and I wasn't sure if I should go or not. She was very excited for me, and she agreed that it probably wasn't a good idea to keep going to 'Survivor' since it is such an intense class. I am pretty sad to think I can't go back because I felt like it was really challenging me and making me stronger. Hopefully it will still be going strong next year this time and I can rejoin after baby #3 arrives--which according to my calculations will be sometime around the end of March 2009. HOORAY!

June 27th--I went to Walmart to buy another test tonight. I kinda want to wait a few more days to take it, but I kinda want to take it RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I AM DYING TO KNOW!

June 28th--I took the other test at 5:30am (it's supposed to be the first pee of the day, ya know!) and it was POSITIVE!!!!! It was still faint, but it was a little darker than Wednesday's test. We are really excited, but still in shock. It just seems unreal because we have been trying for 2 years, and honestly, when I received an answer to my prayers a few months ago that we would have more children, just not right now, I thought that meant it would be a while, like maybe a year or something. We still haven't told our families, but Aaron did let it slip to Dan and Kayla tonight. We were all just sitting watching the girls play and I asked him what he was thinking about and he just blurted out, "Baby names." I was surprised to hear him say that, but I wasn't upset. It was a relief actually, and he felt the same way. He's been dying to tell someone since I called him on Wednesday, and I'm really surprised he made it this long. Dan and Kayla looked surprised and said, "Was that an announcement?" They are very happy and excited for us. We can't agree on a boy name. He likes John Dolan, after his Paw Paw Young. I like John, but I don't like Dolan. I like John David, and Aaron is just not willing to compromise. After all, I am giving him John. If it's a girl--LaWanda Dynamite Young. (Just kidding, Amanda, and whoever else thought I was serious about LaWanda. Don't be alarmed. The real name we have picked out for a girl is Lauren Elizabeth.:)

June 29th--We told the girls today. I'm not sure they really understand. We asked Katie what she would think if Mommy were going to have another baby. She said, "Right now? I think you need to go to the hospital!" Later she said, "Babies cry too much." How's that for excitement? We asked Sarah would she like it if Mommy had a baby. Her response was "Yes", and then she just kept on playing. We also called my family today after church and told them. They are all thrilled, as they all know that we have been trying for the last 2 years. My sister Kristie is very excited that we are pregnant together, and due only two months apart. It actually works out well, because they are planning to come down for Katie's baptism next spring, and now we will have a baby blessing too!:) It's really great timing. It's so neat that Kristie and I are pregnant together, but strange at the same time. She is almost 12 years younger than me, so I never thought we would be pregnant at the same time. I also planned to be done having kids by the time I was thirty, but that plan was thrown off from the beginning, since I didn't get married until I was 27. Funny how life doesn't turn out like you think it will.

June 30th--We called Amy and told her today and she was completely overjoyed. I knew she would be and was very excited to tell her. Aaron tried to call his brothers, but couldn't reach them. Johnice is out of town, so we are going to wait until she gets home and have her and Kent over for dinner and tell them in person. I called around to find a doctor today. I am very sad that I will not be able to see the doctor I had for Sarah's delivery. In fact, I am going to my first appointment tomorrow (wow--didn't think I'd get in that fast!) with a male doctor. I'm really bummed about that since I had a female doctor with both Katie and Sarah, but I'M PREGNANT! I can't let anything distract me from what a great blessing we have been given!

July 1st--I went to SPAR this morning to exercise and when I went to pick up the girls afterwards, there was a note from "Killer Kelly". It said she missed me in Survivor and hoped to see me again soon. I'll be back in about ten months!
I had my first appointment today. It went really well. I loved the nurse. She is sooooo nice. That makes me happy! I have an appointment on the 14th for an ultrasound. Also, my calculations were off somehow, and baby #3 will be arriving the end of February 2009. Hey, the sooner the better!
Aaron was trying to get his parents to come over for dinner tomorrow night so we could tell them, but it wasn't working out, so he told Kent while they were working and then Kent told Johnice. They are both very excited.
As we were trying to get Sarah to sleep tonight, she said, "So what will we name the boy baby?" BTW, she has said we are having a boy and a girl. YIKES! Her suggestions were:
*If it's a boy--Troy, Carolina Boy, Markie, Sweetie Pie Boy
*If it's a girl--Gabriella, Carolina Girl, Lauren, Sweetie Pie Girl

July 2nd--Today Katie just randomly said, "I can't wait for your baby to get here Mom." And Sarah said, "Me too." AWWW! Melt my heart! They ARE excited! I explained that it is OUR baby, not just my baby, and that we all will love, teach, and take care of our new baby. Still no signs of being pregnant though (YIPEE!), except when I was very tempted to yell at some people at the waterpark when we came back from the concession stand and they had not only completely taken over our table, but piled all of our stuff on the table next to ours with someone else's stuff. HOW INCREDIBLY RUDE! I mean, I don't mind sharing a table. I am well aware that there are not enough to go around on a busy day at the waterpark. But moving my stuff and completely taking over my table IS NOT OKAY WITH ME! I feel better now that I let it out.:) We have told all of our family now, and a few close friends, but haven't decided when we will 'go public'. I guess I am just a little nervous and think something may be wrong since it took us so long to get pregnant, so maybe we'll wait until the ultrasound on the 14th. Or longer. Not sure yet. As Aaron was talking to Bishop Jorgensen on the phone tonight he told him our exciting news. When they were talking later, Bishop said that when he told Wendy she cried. Awww! How sweet. It's so fun to tell people individually and to see (or hear of) their reactions.

July 3rd--Today as I was out running errands and shopping, I looked at some maternity clothes and got pretty excited, which is a good thing because I was thinking the other day how much I am NOT looking forward to wearing maternity clothes. But maybe it'll be fun if I can find some cute stuff to wear.

July 4th--Today as I was trying to get Sarah (and me too--I'm starting to feel tired) down for a nap, she put her leg on my stomach. I told her, "Be careful. You'll squish the baby." She looked at me and said, "You're kidding huh Mom?" I said, "No, the baby is in mommy's tummy. So you have to be careful so you don't squish him." She just laughed and kept saying "You're just kidding Mom." I kept telling her I wasn't kidding, and she finally said, "Let me see!" She then pick up my shirt and looked down it. I said, "Sarah, stop." She said, "Sorry I looked at your privacies Mom." It was pretty funny. I guess she and Katie are trying to figure out where the baby is coming from. Aaron told me they asked him and he said, "The stork, of course!"
Tonight at our cookout, Jaimee and Amy got here after everyone else. When Jaimee saw me holding Jackson, she asked Amy, "Did Aunt Lynetta have her baby already?" If only it were that fast!

July 5th--Today Sarah told me she wants to name our baby Jackson Andrews. I told her it might be confusing since that is the same name as the Andrews baby and that we should give the baby our last name so people will know he's ours. She's still wanting Jackson Andrews though.

July 6th--I love how attentive my husband is on any given day, but these days he is even more attentive than normal. It's so sweet. He calls even more than before and is always asking, "How are feeling?" or "Are you doing okay?" or "How's the baby doing?" I am starting to feel tired and needing at least a short power nap in the afternoon AND he encourages me to take one, which makes me feel less guilty about doing it. He is so good to me. I love him so much.

July 7th--Today I ran into "Killer Kelly" at the waterpark. She asked me why I had ditched her class. I told her it wasn't because I wanted to. So she asked why, so I kinda had to tell her I was pregnant. She congratulated me and I told her I'd be back after the baby was born.

July 8th--A few weeks ago I was feeling guilty about having so much fun with my girls this summer and not being as productive as we could be. But now that I am pregnant (it's so weird to say that), I am feeling no guilt for enjoying this last summer that I have with just me and my girls. It won't be the same carefree summer next year with a little one, which will undoubtedly mean fewer trips to the waterpark, so we're making up for it this summer! Lots of fun in the sun!:)

July 9th--I think my husband is trying to kill me! Just kidding! I know it's probably the pregnant hormones kicking in, but he isn't helping matters because he keeps turning up the thermostat and I keep burnin' up! Thank goodness I won't be great with child until the cooler months.

July 10th--Okay, the pregnancy hormones are definitely kicking in. I woke up at 4:30 am and could not go back to sleep. I was feeling a little yucky and like I needed to eat something, so I got up and ate some watermelon. Sarah then woke up and got up too, so I went back to bed to get her back to sleep and hopefully me too. But it was no use. I just couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up again and got caught up on all my favorite blogs, and then Katie got up. I made us both some boiled eggs and toast for breakfast, but still felt yucky after that too. It wasn't until a little while later when I ate some peanut butter crackers that I started to feel better. Hooray, the secret combination to fix morning sickness. At least mine. For today.

July 11th--No morning sickness today, thank goodness. I thought it had arrived just in time for our trip to NC. It would be just my luck to feel great up until the time for our trip that we have been anticipating all summer. Hopefully it was just a one day thing. I know, wishful thinking. A girl can dream.

July 12th--Today Maw Maw Mire came over and brought me some flowers because she said she had heard about our news. I feel really bad the she didn't hear it from us, but we are wondering where she heard it from. We have told several people, so I guess it was just a matter of time before someone let our little secret out. Oh, well. Guess we'll be 'going public' a little sooner than planned. Maybe I'll change the population # on our header and see if anyone notices.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love Sara's names. I think maybe you should somehow combine them all especially the sweetie pies. That is too cute! We're so excited for you guys and can't wait for the newest Youngan to get here. Can't wait to see you.
love you
amanda

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

WOnderful news. I am so happy for you guys. congrat's.

Wendy said...

your excitment for the baby is contagious...You both have such zeal for the road ahead of you. It is just beautiful!!!!! Congradulations