When my Mama called me a few weeks ago and told me she was having back surgery, I felt like I needed to go help her since she lives alone. I talked to Aaron about it and he told me I should go. So I bought a ticket, and told my sister Melissa I was coming, but I didn't tell my Mama. It was so fun to walk in and surprise her that Sunday afternoon. She was so grateful that I had come to help her. We enjoyed hanging out and visiting with my two brothers and my sister and their families that night. Monday we headed down to Mama's to get her ready for her surgery. Tuesday morning was her surgery and it went well. The first few days were rough on her, but she's a trooper. She came home from the hospital on Thursday evening. We spent the next few days trying to get her used to using a walker and building her strength up. On Monday evening we headed up to Melissa's house earlier than we had planned in order to make sure that we didn't get snowed in at Mama's house and so I wouldn't miss my flight on Thursday morning. Although it wasn't all peaches and cream, it was a fun trip. I enjoyed a few days just hanging out with my sisters at the hospital making some fun memories. I was also able to be there for my nephew, Charlie's Bigfoot Birthday Bash. But the best part was making some good memories with my Mama. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to go spend time with her helping her recover. I love you Mama!

No comments:
Post a Comment