Monday, June 18, 2012

Cliffs of the Neuse State Park

We brought a bug back from Camp Singletary.....and not the creepy, crawly kind. I would have preferred that kind to the stomach bug that each family got a taste of after coming home from camp. So after a couple of days of "sharing the bug" and being stuck in the house, we were ready to venture out for some fun. We met my brothers, Neal and Cory, for lunch at McCalls.....because I just couldn't go back to the bayou without some Carolina BBQ and collards. After lunch we decided to go to the Cliffs. It had been a long time since I had been, and I am so glad that we decided to go.



They have an awesome visitors center now, and the kids loved it!



John David's favorite thing was the boat....of course.



They had so many interesting and interactive exhibits.



Ewww!







It was very impressive!



After checking out the visitor's center, we wanted to go swimming, but the water was low. They had been doing repairs on the dam and were waiting for the water level to rise back up to normal. So we just walked around a little and enjoyed the beautiful view.







My cute, sweet babies!



It's so fun to take them to places that I used to go as a kid.



We'll have to go back next time and hopefully get to swim!


No comments: