This is a 10 inch square, which feeds about 35-40 people.
I decided to make an LSU surfboard since they are serious LSU fans.
And this was my favorite part of the cake--the shark. Love it! I think it turned out pretty cute. And so did Nikki. She loved it....and so did everyone at the party. They really went crazy when Nikki cut into the cake and they saw all the colors. Everyone was asking if I have a business. I told them I was just trying to get started, and that Nikki was my first customer. Several people asked if I had any business cards. I told them not yet, because I was still trying to think of a name. Nikki's father-in-law told me not to worry about a name and cards and to just let the word get out. Then he took a bite of cake and said, "I've got a name for you--Best damn cake I ever ate! This is so good!" It was pretty hilarious! But I do have to say.....I think I like that name better than any we have come up with so far.
One of the other mom's at the party asked if I could make her son's birthday cake in two weeks. And I have my first wedding cake coming up in July too!
2 comments:
Congrats!!! Loved the cake!
Love the beach cake!
Post a Comment