Friday, June 25, 2010

Flashback Friday

(pictured--Aunt Carolyn Jean, Grandma Barnett, Daddy, and a general who's name no one can remember)

This is the Soldier of the Month picture that I found while going through stuff in my parents' computer room. My mom had been looking for it for months, so she was very excited that I found it. The date on the picture is May 22, 1964. Unfortunately I don't know what Daddy did to receive this award, but Aaron says that they don't just give them out to anyone. My Aunt Carolyn Jean told me that she and my Grandmother were in Colorado visiting my dad when he received the award, and they asked them to get in the picture with them. My Daddy was a pretty handsome soldier. :)

2 comments:

Cam and Mary said...

I love old pictures like that! It sounds like you guys are having a great summer so far. I absolutely love John David's curly hair! He has changed so much since we left.

Susan said...

That's awesome that you found the picture!! Your kids will love that someday. :)