
Katie and I decided about a month ago that we wanted to go together and get our hair cut and donate it to "Locks of Love"--an organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under 18 suffering from long term medical hair loss. In order to be able to donate, you have to have at least 10 inches of hair. So I wanted to wait a little longer for my hair to grow some more so that it wouldn't be too short after the 10 inch cut. However, Katie decided that she was ready and didn't want to wait any longer. And wouldn't you know it would be the one weekend of the entire year that I was out of town at a scrapbook convention. I couldn't tell her not to do it because she was so excited. I was very sad though, not to be there with her, and nervous. Sad because I loved her long hair and all the different things we could do with it. Nervous because I wasn't going to be there to make sure they didn't cut it too short and because I wasn't sure if she would like it because it she hasn't ever cut it short before. But, at the same time, so proud of her for wanting to donate her beautiful locks for such a great cause. So, Aaron, Sarah, and Johnice went with Katie to a place a couple of streets from our house and got her beautiful locks cut. I was so anxious to get home and see her hair I could hardly stand it. We got home around 2am on Sunday morning and I so badly wanted to go into her room with a flashlight while she was sleeping and take a peek! But I didn't. I patiently waited until the next morning and all I can say is "WOW!" I absolutely adore her new cut! And so does she! She is still walking around shaking her hair and checking herself out in different mirrors around the house. Sarah was so cute! She apparently was pretty excited for sissy as she waited for her to get her hair cut--as you can tell from her groovy dance moves! Anyway, long or short hair, Katie is just a beautiful girl--inside and out!!! And, of course, Sarah too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment